birding-aus

RFI: Striated Fieldwren at Werribee or nearby

To: "'Rob Quinan'" <>, "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: RFI: Striated Fieldwren at Werribee or nearby
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:51:39 +1000

Hi Rob

I have seen Striated Fieldwrens (not with any difficulty) at Pt Wilson in Werribee STP as well as the Orange-bellied Parrots 9the later only once there). The Fieldwrens are also fairly reliable at either Altona Park (not far from Port Melbourne. I have seen them there on 4 occasions in a row) and at Point Cook Coastal Park (just south of Altona where OBP’s have also been seen). For the Fieldwrens check any area where there is saltmarsh though they can be seen at times in reeds (such as at Reedy Lake in Geelong) and even wasteland close to the saltmarsh.

Cheers and best of luck!

Edwin