birding-aus

Thornbills

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Thornbills
From: Duncan Fraser <>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 10:49:01 +1000
Up here in the Maffra area of Gippsland, Yellow Thornbills are a common bird, I have them working through my garden every day, and I see them in all the woodland and riverside habitat that I visit. When the second Atlas project started, Browns were a common Thornbill in my surveys, but since then they seem to have faded away in many of my birding spots, to the point where they have come to be, for me, an uncommon sighting. One pair persists in my garden and I get quite a bit of pleasure watching them bathe in the shallow birdbath. Duncan Fraser, Maffra, Vic.