birding-aus

RFI Mildura

To: <>
Subject: RFI Mildura
From: "sanda" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:53:31 +1000
Hi Tony,
A couple of good spots closer to town I've found well worth while are:
1. Around the area of the gliding club near Koorlong (SW of the city). It's
mallee and chenopod shrublands. In 3 visits I've found Red-backed
Kingfisher,Chestnut-crowned Babblers,Striped Honeyeater,Ground Cuckoo-shrike
(Lucky!) and quite a lot more.
2. From that area if you drive south down 21st street and then on to
Koorlong and beyond you'll  hit some nice open Casuarina/mallee woodland.
I've found Budgies,various woodswallows etc there plus more.
3.Lake Ranfurley can have a few waders,Avocets etc.
Enjoy,it's a great part of the world.
Simon Starr.