birding-aus

how white are Cockatoos

To: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Subject: how white are Cockatoos
From: peter crow <>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:11:23 +1000
O the subject of White Cockatoos, Corellas etc. Some years back in the Kimberlys we cam across a flock of grey to black Corellas. There were a few dirty white ones, many dark grey ones and a few which were almost entirely black. For a few seconds we were stunned they daylight dawned as we realised they were perched over a huge area of burnt grass. They really believe in getting down and dirty for a good feed.

Peter