birding-aus

Gloucester & Barrington Tops, Copeland & Coopernook

Subject: Gloucester & Barrington Tops, Copeland & Coopernook
From: "Tim Jones" <>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 01:31:11 +0000
Dear All,

I and my 13 year old son are heading north of Sydney to the above areas at the weekend.

In particular, we are interested in some target birds, including potentially Noisy Pitta, Rufous Scrub-bird, Sooty and Masked Owls (maybe even Grass Owl), Square-tailed Kite, and the White Eared Monarch which may have been around Crowdy Bay (not sure if it was there again this summer). Also Tawny Grassbirds.

I have kind of general information, but anything with specific details, especially if recent, would be of great help, as we would like to keep aimless wandering to a minimum!

I realise of course that our timing might not be perfect, but then it might not be too bad, either!

Many thanks

Tim