birding-aus

Swarovski vs Leica

To: "Birding Aus" <>, "Simon Blanchflower" <>
Subject: Swarovski vs Leica
From: "Bill Jolly" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:47:35 +1000
Hi Simon

Again, I know it's subjective, but good choice!

I've been using Swarovski 10x42EL for a couple of years now, and have never
had any qualms about the decision. For me, it's all about light, comfort of
use, and eye relief, plus that ultra-close focusing which I use a lot more
than I had expected I would. It also opens up a whole new world of getting a
good look at insects, by the way.

Now, protect your investment in all the usual ways, plus use a harness so
you're not tempted to leave them lying around anywhere vulnerable - and
always put the caps on the eyepieces when you have spaghetti for lunch.

All the best

Bill Jolly

"Abberton",
Lockyer Valley, Queensland.