birding-aus

Re: thrush and raven at Dorrigo

To: <>
Subject: Re: thrush and raven at Dorrigo
From: "Greg Clancy" <>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:21:56 +1100
Hi Peter,

John Seale and Craig Cassady have had both the Bassian and Russet-tailed Thrushes at the Glade in Dorrigo National Park, the Bassian being the more common.  I have only observed the Bassian.  The white panels in the tail of the Russet-tailed are a good character but the Red Kraznozem soil could discolour the tail feathers.  If the white, or dirty white, areas were more than just small patches it was probably a Russet-tailed.

I have had both the Torresian Crow and Forest Raven at Dorrigo NP and thought that I had recorded the Australian Raven there, but a quick check of my records failed to locate a record.  Stephen Debus recorded Australian Raven in the Park on 14.11.85. Australian Ravens may be an infrequent visitor from the open pastureland of the area.

Did you find the Mangrove Honeyeaters in the Tweed?

Regards

Greg