birding-aus

RFI: Buff-breasted Sandpiper

Subject: RFI: Buff-breasted Sandpiper
From: Vin Lam <>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:31:58 +1100
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 03:10:36PM +1000,  wrote:
> Hi, Mike - Yes, I see that. But I did wonder why - given Keith
> Brandwood's recounting of the records, and the way the bird seems to
> have been reported for some years - why it's not in the Atlas of Aust
> Birds.
> J.

Hi,

Looking at the BARC website, reading case 382, shows that
there has only been 6 BARC accepted sightings of the
BB Sandpiper and two under review. (cases 416 and 435).

Isnt that low enough for it to be considered a very rare
vagrant?  I guess BARC isn't as useful a resource as the
only shows 3 confirmed mainland (including Tassie)
sightings of King Penguins. Do kingies show up in the
atlas?

Regards,
Vin.