birding-aus

Southport Pelagics: Important announcement.

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Southport Pelagics: Important announcement.
From: "Paul Walbridge" <>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:09:52 +1000
Hi Birding-aussers, with the spiralling fuel costs, I've been dreading this for some time but have to inform everyone that there has been a price rise for Southport pelagic cruises. The cost will now be AU$90, effective immediately - a rise of $10 a head & this is the first price rise since January 2002.

We pay far less than the anglers as it is & the operator regretted having to do it but with a double dip re; Marina charges plus wharf fuel costing more than at the service station already, he had no other choice.

Australian pelagics in general are very reasonably priced when compared with pelagics from other countries around the World and I'm sure most of you will understand the need for the rise in cost. Don the operator (and his family) goes to every length to ensure there is a boat available for us on the day & it is only bad weather that ever prevents us from going out. I've also negotiated with him to keep the 3rd saturday of each month for the pelagics for 2005 & will be posting these dates on Birding-Aus shortly.

There are still spaces available for next saturdays pelagic, out of Southport, now costing $90. Cheers - Paul Walbridge.

Contact: Paul Walbridge;
Ph: (H) 61 7 3391 8839
      (W) 61 7 3350 8258
     E-mail: