birding-aus

Twitchathon 2004

To: <>
Subject: Twitchathon 2004
From: "Jack Krohn" <>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:34:28 +1100
Folks,

Just confirming that the Norwegians Blues will be lining up again for our 13th successive Twitchathon Champagne Race/ 8 Hour Race next weekend.  All sponsorship will be gratefully accepted.  With the different rule this year setting a start time of 8 am (rather than just an 8 hour span finishing by or before 4 pm) we've recast our route a little but still hope to post a competitive score.

We will also have a slightly different line-up - those who know the team or knew my Dad Jack Senior will I'm sure be sorry to hear that in early October, at the age of 81, Dad lost a short sharp battle with leukemia.  He was active and mobile up till a few days before his passing and enjoyed all the time he was able to spend in the open and especially in the bush.  At least one of his grandsons will be in the team this year to keep the tradition going.

Hope to see lots of other teams out on the road next Sunday, and exchange tall stories and reminiscences back at BA headquarters afterwards.

Regards,

    Jack Krohn (Jr)