birding-aus

Re: Finch news.

To: <>
Subject: Re: Finch news.
From: Kingfisher Park Birdwatchers Lodge <>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:19:07 +1000
G`Day,
On Wednesday the 27th of November 04 Klaus Uhlenhut from Kirrama Wildlife
Tours was birding the grounds of Kingfisher Park in the afternoon with his
guest's, when he sighted a juvenile Blue-faced Parrot Finch, he ran back to
reception to let the rest of the guests know the exciting news. Five more
people went to the area where the Finch was sighted and all had excellent
views of the bird. If I am correct this is the second sighting of Blue-
faced Parrot Finch at the Park and the first sighting by anyone for North
Queensland this year. The first Blue-faced Parrot Finch sighting at K.P was
by Jon & Camilla Wren and was sighted, I think in 1958. If you are still
around Jon can you please clarify that.
Regards,
Ron Stannard.