birding-aus

Questions regarding Fiji birds

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Questions regarding Fiji birds
From: "The Bugtusslebunch" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:38:02 +1000
Hi all,

I've been really busy finishing school, so Mum's been reading all your emails for me and letting me know what's going on etc!

I did read John's 'mail about the Bristle-thighed Curlew in Fiji though, in a rare spare moment, and thought I'd take the opportunity to ask some questions about Fiji birds. I'm going to Fiji for 9 days in December/January for a youth congress and though I probably won't be able to do much in the way of birdwatching I was certainly hoping that I might spot some new ticks around Suva...

For those of you who may know Fiji at all, what can one expect to see in and around Suva? Where can I get hold of a field guide easily?

My thanks advance

Nina    :-)

By the way, my list has finally reached 200 species, 206 to be exact, after a lovely two week holiday to S.A. in August!!