birding-aus

W.T.P Werribee Victoria.

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: W.T.P Werribee Victoria.
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:42:24 +1000

We went birding on Tuesday morning in just about perfect conditions, soft light, no wind, temperature mild.

We went down Point Wilson Road to the cross road with Beach Road, turn right, in the very first paddock on the left there were 12-14 Banded Lapwing. Some were close to the fence, others were near the heaps of hay.

The two Brolgas and two chicks were in the marsh area beyond the T Section Lagoons.

At Kirk Point were 7 Golden Plover in the colourful herbage,out on the rocks were Pied Oyster Catchers, Pacific Gulls and some Ruddy-Turnstones flashing their bright legs.

On Lake Borrie there were plenty of Pink-eared Duck, Teal,  and lots of Hard-heads.

Paradise Road Ponds were flanked with Shelduck and Pelicans, just in the water were plenty of Red-necked Avocet.

At the Borrow Pits, near the Conservation Lagoon, were Red-kneed dotterels, Glossy Ibis, and vast numbers of Whiskered Terns.

 In the sky were numerous skeins of ibis.

Black-shouldered Kite Swamp Harriers and Whistling Kite were all out and about.

We had limited time  and did not cover  the coast line and as the tide was out I'm sure there would have been plenty more to see.

It may be just a poo farm to some but to me it is Paradise!

Shirley Cameron
Werribee