birding-aus

Bird record database

Subject: Bird record database
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:42:41 +1000
I wrote my own, having previously used Merlin which was OK - but the guy who wrote it went off to become a Buddhist monk!

I believe Birds Australia are launching a free online service next year so I would suggest that either you wait for that OR make sure anything you use can export to this service - since I think the aim is to have a site that contains as many sightings as possible on which enables people to know what has actually been seen recently in areas they plan to visit (as opposed to what is on the checklist!)