birding-aus

RFI Port Macquarie

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: RFI Port Macquarie
From: "Tom Wilson" <>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:45:23 +1000
Hi all
I will be visiting Port Macquarie with my family from 30 Oct - 6 Nov and was
looking for information on places to go birding.  I have been to Port
Macquarie before (last visit January 2002), so am already familiar with Sea
Acres, the boardwalk around Kooloonbung Creek and the tertiary ponds for the
sewerage works (if these are still open to the public - does anyone know?).
I will try and get a day out in the hinterland as well to visit Boorganna
NR, so are there any other good sites in the country inland from Wauchope?
In particular, I am looking out for any good spots for the following
species for my Dad (and in some cases me too!)

Quails & Rails/crakes
Owls (Sooty, Masked, Boobook)
Little Lorikeet
Glossy Black Cockatoo
Logrunner
Black Chinned Honeyeater
Regent Bowerbird

(My dad has given me a more extensive list for Sydney, which includes the
above species, which I'll cover in a separate RFI.)

Thanks
Tom Wilson