birding-aus

Kakadu beach Q

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Kakadu beach Q
From: "Gary Blond" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:17:33 +1000
Visited my sister-in-law at Pebble Beach near Bribie Island Q today.Drove to new canal estate named Kakadu Beach/Point on the island where the developers have installed a couple of professionally built hides near the water for people to view migratory wading birds.

I hate to think of the damage that was done in developing the whole estate but still came away thinking at least they have tried in their own way.( even allowing for the horribly pretentious estate name! )

Can anyone provide any info. for me on how the area used to be and how successful these sorts of 'environmental ventures' are in the long run? Expert opinion?

Cheers
Gary Blond
Joyner
S.E.Qld.   :>)