birding-aus

Multi message reply. Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Threatened species brochure ... O

To: warragal <>, Brian Fleming <>
Subject: Multi message reply. Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Threatened species brochure ... Ozbirdpix
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:13:43 +1000 (EST)
G'day Kurtis, Arm-tea Anff and All,

Just a few seconds ago I had an email from my Hilary in the USA saying she had only just a few minutes previous had a female brown pelican brought in for rehab. looks like it's not just Ozzies that are VERY remiss with what they do with THEIR fishing line, hooks and sinkers.

Mrs. Browns Daughter is going to be okay BUT a large amount of fishing line was carefully extracted. One continuous length was over 30 metres long. Along with several hooks and a sinker.

I think that and what goes on here in Oz is truly disgusting.
Ooroo John A. Gamblin

I have helped out here in Hastings with Pelican rescues, the number of feet stabbed little loves of mine that have been affected is FAR TOO MANY.

Graham I'll forward on your email from Darryl Sullings to Tom Tarrant and Ozbordpix okay?

warragal <> wrote:

Hi all,

On the note with the fishing I will never forget the Cumberland Bird
Observers Club outing to the Gosford area on the 22nd of May this year.
We stopped down at the river to have lunch and there hanging from an emerged snag was a dead Little Black Cormorant. The cause of death was most likely swallowed fishing line. Cheers,

Kurtis Lindsay