birding-aus

RFI: Night vision binoculars/monoculars/scopes

Subject: RFI: Night vision binoculars/monoculars/scopes
From: David Adams <>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:08:39 +1000
I've been thinking about getting some night vision equipment for some
time. My main interest is to spot owls, gliders and the like without
hassling them too much with lights. I've checked the archives for this
list, the US birding list, as well as viewing numerous hunting (!)
sites. Overall, I've made little progress in sorting out if there's
anything that is of real value to bird and animal watchers who aren't
trying to shoot anything. If anyone has some personal experience or
can point me to some independent reviews (most of the sites I've found
are commercial), I'd be most grateful.
--
 David Adams

 Bermagui 2546 NSW