birding-aus

Thanks for information on Litchfield

Subject: Thanks for information on Litchfield
From: David Adams <>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:05:09 +1000
Thanks to everyone who posted information in response to a question
about Litchfield NP in the NT. This was our first trip up to the area
and we loved it. We had about 10 days to do a quick tour from
Darwin-Fogg Damm-Kakadu-Pine Creek-Katherine-Litchfield. We saw a lot
of wonderful birds both new and familar. The scenery, waterfalls, and
rock art weren't bad either ;-)

McCrie and Watson's "Finding Birds in Drawin, Kakadu, and the Top End"
was a great help. Highlights of the trip, for us, included Howard
Springs where we saw our first Rainbow Pittas and Rose-crowned Fruit
Doves, Fogg Damm early in the morning...absolutely packed with birds,
and the Yellow Water Cruise.

We can't wait to go back up to the area with a great deal more time.

--
 David Adams

 Bermagui 2546 NSW