birding-aus

Last few weeks birding in NSW

Subject: Last few weeks birding in NSW
From: "Tony Crittenden" <>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:05:24 +0000
Hi Birdos,

I'll be relocating to Adelaide in a month or so's time and would like some help picking up my last localised species.

It's a bit of a list, and I know some of them may be pretty tricky, but any advice would be gratefully received.

Also if anyone fancies a day out on a weekend in the next few weeks looking for any of these birds, let me know. I'm happy to drive or share petrol costs.

Here goes!!

Painted buttonquail
Red-chested buttonquail
Lewins Rail
Topknot pigeon
Any cuckoos other than Fan-tailed
Masked Owl
Sooty Owl
White-throated Nightjar
Cicadabird
Rose Robin
Red-capped Robin
Logrunner
Spotted quail thrush
Tawny Grassbird
Pilotbird
Chestnut-rumped Hylacola
Speckled warbler
White-throated Gerygone
Southern whiteface
Regent honeyeater
Fuscous HE
Painted HE
Green Catbird
Masked Woodswallow
Apostlebird

Wow!!   quite a list - I didn't realise it would be so many

Thanks in advance

All the best

Tony