birding-aus

RFI - Garmin Etrex GPS Functions

To: "Frank O'Connor" <>, "" <>
Subject: RFI - Garmin Etrex GPS Functions
From: Jennifer Spry <>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:53:52 +1000
Hi Frank,

I can't answer many of your questions yet as I only bought my Etrex
today. It is the cheapest model but it does do the sunrise moonrise and
storing waypoints seems to be more difficult than what you explain for
your Lowrance. A 12v power cable is $47 from Johnnie Appleseed.

The reason I bought it though, in preference for the recommended Gecko
models, is that IT IS DESIGNED FOR USE IN THE LEFT HAND! At last a
manufacturer who knows the superiority of left handers.

Sadly not though, the salesman tells me it is a military design request
so that I can have it in my left hand while I have my gun in my right
hand. Little do they know that I could not hit the broad side of ten
barns if I had a gun in my right hand !! (the geckos are ambidextrous in
use but I will disregard that fact as quickly and lightly as a
politician disregards the truth)

I had to buy it just because it is designed for LH use though, and
because it was cheaper than the gecko and had as all features that I
needed.

regards

Jen