birding-aus

Benefits of Zoos

To: "'John Harris'" <>, <>
Subject: Benefits of Zoos
From: "Ian Clark" <>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:13:00 +1000
Close observation and understanding  are very important benefits
Understanding requirements from a captive point of view can lead to
direct improvements on a larger environmental scale
It is in my opinion vital that a society has a place to put animals that
may have been impacted by mans illegal activities , such as a safe place
to rehabilitate and protect  , poached or smuggled wildlife  or injured
and orphaned wildlife  by qualified carers, zoos help here heaps
Zoos are a valuable place to foster an interest and educate younger
members of society , as well as help satisfy  natural human curiosity

 Having been to some zoos in asia unfortunately I cant say its all good
Cheers ian