birding-aus

RE: Garmin vs Magellan

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: RE: Garmin vs Magellan
From: Paul Taylor <>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:17:47 +1000
michael hunter wrote:
        Boating supply warehouses, such as Whitworths and Bias in
> Sydney, have a good selection of GPS units at discount prices in
> their mail-order catalogues.

Also check on-line suppliers as they can be significantly cheaper
than outdoor and marine stores.  A friend bought his GPS(s) from
Johnny Appleseed GPS for about $100 less than what the local stores
were asking, which he was quite pleased about.

I've owned a Garmin GPS II+ for quite a few years now, and apart
from the internal antenna cable breaking a couple of times, it
has been faultless.  (I replaced the cable myself since it was
out of warranty.)