birding-aus

Bird photography - the most versatile lens?

To: <>, "Stewart Ford" <>
Subject: Bird photography - the most versatile lens?
From: "Mark" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:30:10 +1000
Without doubt the 400/5.6 or second choice the 100-400
Have a look at a Sigma 500/f4.5 as well
You cant have too much focal length !
The 200 will be too short - I have one and rarely use it
for herps I use a 180mm macro And my 80-400vr gets a 1.4x TC more often than not.
Again go for a Sigma EX and get it from Delta international mail
order from the US it will be half the price it is here.

Mark