birding-aus

buying books overseas

To: "Lawrie Conole" <>, "michael hunter" <>
Subject: buying books overseas
From: "Robert Hewitt" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:32:00 -0700
Dear Birders,

Well I just can't help on chiming in here as I believe this is an area
that's applicable.  I've only enjoyed Australia once, last October, but I
kept subscribed to Birding Aus to keep tabs on the area.  I run a biological
consulting firm in California, USA.  We also sell birdbooks which we take
around to bird festivals such as Godwit Days.  As a young birder I always
found it hard to afford the serious books I needed, so once I got a business
going I started a discount birdbook branch and that can be seen at
www.birdjobs.com  and looking under LBJ Books.

I try and keep prices in line with other discount book retailers like
Amazon, but as you know the internet has been pretty hard on smaller
bookstores so we appreciate your business.  Anyway, by birders for birders,
that's our motto so take a look and I'll do the Global Priority Direct
(GPD), with only a $2 handling charge.  I think the exchange rate is in your
favor.  Looking forward to coming back, loved birding there - Superb
Fairy-wren - crippler.

Yours Rob

Robert W. Hewitt
Director, LBJ Enterprises   www.birdjobs.com
1707 E Street #5, Eureka, CA 95501

(707) 442-0339, fax (707) 260-0632, cell (707) 845-3189

Godwit Days Steering Committee  www.godwitdays.com
April 15-18, 2005  10th Annual, 236 species cumulative.