birding-aus

Auckland

Subject: Auckland
From: "Tony Crittenden" <>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:22:01 +0000
Hi Aus birders

I am making my second business trip to Auckland this weekend and need some info please. Last time I went to Tiritiri and Miranda and saw 58spp including 17 endemics.

This time I'd like to concentrate on trying to catch up with the following spp:

Spotted shag
NZ scaup
NZ Falcon
Black-fronted Tern
Kaka
Rifleman
Grey warbler
Fernbird
Tomtit

This time I thought about trying the Lake Taupo or Rotorua areas......is that a good idea?

If anyone has any sites for the above spp within say 3 hours of Aukland, i'd be grateful for the info. (also, if there are any Auckland birders that fancy a day out for a share of the petrol...............)

Cheers

Tony