birding-aus

WTP Baer's Pochard

Subject: WTP Baer's Pochard
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:02:45 +0000
Having seen it in full sun early yesterday (on the right rock) I saw a very
dark head with a greenish tinge. There was a LOT of white on the underside -
too much for a HArdhead - with a very clear line  between the white and the
chest. Seemed to lack the "streaky" brown flanks I have seen in Pochard
pictures though.

First time I went down to see it (last Thu) there was alos a bird on the
rock but that was definitely a HArdhead.

ANd I guess the jury is still out as to what it is - Pochard or Hybrid??