birding-aus

Swift Parrots in Cambelltown

Subject: Swift Parrots in Cambelltown
From: "Dean Portelli" <>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:14:23 +1000
Hi All,

I was at a meeting at the Mt Annan Botanic Gardens (Cambelltown, Sydney) yesterday and heard several SWIFT PARROTS around the carpark near the Visitor's Centre/Shop and Restaurant.

While I didn't see any myself a colleague saw three birds in flight and heard several more calling. Of course, by lunch time (our meeting break) they were silent!.

There are lots of stands of eucalypts spread over Mt Annan and it would be well worth searching the area to find out how many birds there are if anyone is interested.

Cheers, Dean
PS Debbie, I hope this gets to you. I am not sure if npws addresses are still in use since the merger.