birding-aus

RFI - Northern Victoria

To: <>
Subject: RFI - Northern Victoria
From: "Paul Rose" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:21:25 +1000
Good morning,

Hope everyone is enjoying the Easter break.
Still gathering info for a trip north this coming week.  Thank you so
much to John, Chris, Nevil and Simon for all of their tips so far in
going up through Kerang to Goschen and surrounds, re GC babblers, WW
fairy wrens, WB swallows and Orange Chats.

As I am fast beginning to realise, this is probably my last opportunity
to do some birding in Northern Victoria with going overseas in late
July, and currently on 294 for my Victoria list, would also love any
info on where to locate the following species to break 300.  The species
below which would be new for Sean and I are:

Diamond Dove
Superb Parrot (Barmah ??  specifics ??)
Turqouise Parrot
Budgerigar
Barking Owl
Speckled Warbler
Chestnut-rumped Heathwren
Western Gerygone
Striped Honeyeater
Black-chinned Honeyeater (hmmm- I know ???)
White-fronted Honeyeater
Black Honeyeater
Pied Honeyeater
Spotted Quail-thrush
Crested Bellbird

As always, any information greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul Rose
Head of Learning - Science (Yr 7-10)