birding-aus

RFI: Harold Pollock

To: bird <>
Subject: RFI: Harold Pollock
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:57:24 +1000
Can anyone help?

About 30 years ago, Harold J Pollock had published a series of books with 45
rpm records of Australian nature sounds.  One included what I'm reasonably
sure was the first quality recording ever made of an Albert Lyrebird.

I'm trying to ascertain the present position re copyright which was retained
by Harold.  I lost touch with him after he stopped active field work.  My
impression at this distance is that he was appreciable older than I and it
is likely that he is no longer with us.

If he is deceased, the copyright goes to his estate and lasts for 50 years.
So if anyone can help me with advice as to any of his family, I'd be most
grateful.

TIA

Syd Curtis in Brisbane