birding-aus

Beach-stone Curlews at Old Bar, south of Taree, NSW

To: "'Penny Drake-Brockman'" <>,
Subject: Beach-stone Curlews at Old Bar, south of Taree, NSW
From: David Parker <>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:55:26 +1100
Penny,

Back in November, around the 27th, I was up at Taree with work and took the
opportunity to do some birding in the area, including Old Bar. At this time
the pair of Beach Stone-curlews were, like your observation, at the Tern
exclosure, one bird sitting on a single egg, the other taking watch. Never
found out whether they were successful or not.

A great part of the world indeed.

Cheers
David

David Parker