birding-aus

Owl down

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Owl down
From: "Peter and Jenny Farrell" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:21:05 +1100
Hi
In Morecombe's field guide page 381, for the owls it says "young in
white down at first" does this mean they come out of the egg with white
down or they come out bald as other birds and develop it quickly. I'm
assuming they come out of the egg with the down as it is not a
mentionable feature for other birds. Can someone please help me here

Jenny