birding-aus

RFI Bris-Syd

Subject: RFI Bris-Syd
From: Judith Lukin-Amundsen <>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:57:52 +1000
Greetings, all!

Through late March & early April, I'll be driving the round-trip Brisbane-> Sydney/Katoomba-> Brisbane: east/coastal in one direction, more inland route in the other direction.

Any special spots for that route and season that people might recommend along the way? Of course I'd also like to see birds rarely/not seen in SEQ, i.e. Regent Honeyeater, Superb Parrot (...as well as the somewhat ?less infamously rare birds like Beautiful Firetail, 'Relict' Forest Rave, Painted Honeyeater, Tawny-crowned Honeyeater, Southern Emu-wren, Spotted Bowerbird, etc., etc...)
        But any special birding places for my map would be appreciated!

Many thanks.
--

Judith