birding-aus

Crested Bellbird at Cape Elizabeth SA.

To: "Ian May" <>, <>
Subject: Crested Bellbird at Cape Elizabeth SA.
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:40:03 +1030
Hi there Ian,

I have recorded Crested Bellbird several times at Marion Bay down the bottom
end of Yorke Peninsula (South Australia) and also at Curramulka between Port
Vincent and Minlaton in the middle of the peninsula. In both cases, if my
memory is correct, the sightings were in quite substantial stands of open
woodland, predominantly mallee. In both cases the area had not been cleared
for many years, if ever.

I have not been to the area of your sighting but it does seem a little out
of the ordinary. I did spend a lovely week at the Moonta Bay caravan park
the week before Christmas but my birding was limited to glancing up from the
reading I was doing, or cooking a barbie and long evening walks along the
beach.
 Happy birding in 2004 to everyone.

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge