birding-aus

Pizzey & Knight new edn colour problems?

Subject: Pizzey & Knight new edn colour problems?
From: Jennifer Spry <>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:33:25 +1100
Hi all,

I went out and bought a copy of the new Pizzey in a flurry of high expectation
but was so displeased with the dark colours that I have passed the book on as a
Christmas present. I found that the couloration was too far from reality to be
worth keeping the book as a cross reference for my other books. I am sure it is
a printing error as it seems many of the old plates have been re-used. I will
keep using the '97 edition, S&D and the new Slater all of which are within
reasonable bounds of colour difference.

I hope everyone has great birding over the holiday period.

Jen Spry