birding-aus

Pizzey & Knight new edn colour problems?

Subject: Pizzey & Knight new edn colour problems?
Date: 21 Dec 2003 22:40:57 -0000
Greetings. The new, seventh edition of Pizzey and Knight is just great, as with
previous editions.

I note, however, that the pages with dark birds, especially those with browns
in them, are far darker than in the 1997 edition. Indeed, I wonder if this is a
printer's error? See, for example, p. 517 myna and starlings; p. 353 scrubwrens
etc; p. 397 honeyeaters and spinebills; p. 482 pipits etc.

Perhaps this is because of the browns used for the distribution maps and bars
along the left-hand edge of the verso pages.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just my copy?

David McDonald