birding-aus

Feijoa

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Feijoa
From: "John McLennan" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:31:32 +1100

       Lawrie Conole writes about  Satin Bowerbirds  and Grey Currawongs eating the petals of the Feijoa or pineapple  guava.

       I too  have  a    3m  Feijoa in my garden which usually  flowers in early November.

       The flowers attract Regent Bowerbirds and to a lesser  extent Rainbow Lorikeets.

        When the fruit ripens it has a tangy vanilla flavour and attracts Green Catbirds and King Parrots.

       John   McLennan

       MacMasters  Beach                  NSW     Central  Coast