birding-aus

Penrice raries

Subject: Penrice raries
From: Michael Shawn Wood <>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:47:57 +1030
Hello Tony,

What is the status of the Long-toed Stint and Ruff you mentioned on Birding Aus

just recently. Did you get to see them as you suggested you might? Are they to
found at the normal spot in the middle of the ponds, and are they reliant on
tides / roost at dusk etc. (A lot of questions I know -hope you don't mind).

Have been meaning to get to Penrice myslef, but for some reason the trip does
not eventuate. May be this is just the stimulus required -it has been terribly
quiet on the South Australian front. Will be unable to make it for the next few

days, but, if you do not mind, I would like to ring you within the next few
days to get some details.

Kind Regards,
Michael

Birding-Aus is now on the Web at