birding-aus

Upland Sandpiper??? (was: Top Birds at The Atherton Tablelands)

To: <>
Subject: Upland Sandpiper??? (was: Top Birds at The Atherton Tablelands)
From: "Andrew Stafford" <>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:44:59 +1100
Browsing the birding-aus archives this evening I came across the extraordinary claim by Alan Gillanders of an Upland Sandpiper at Ravenshoe, FNQ. This was mentioned almost casually, yet the sole (and controversial) record of this bird in Australia was a specimen near Sydney from 1848.

Alan, can you PLEASE forward the list some more detail of this potentially amazing find ASAP (immediately if you can)? As I'm no longer on birding-aus, can you also CC to me.

TIA,

Andrew