birding-aus

Carrier Pigeon Internet Protocol

To: "Birding-Aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Carrier Pigeon Internet Protocol
From: Rob Roy <>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:25:57 +1000

First a warning and apologies to those who don't find this amusing. This post stretches the boundaries of this mailing list's guidelines, but it does concern birds, albeit captive and non Australian. It will also be funny only to a select group of nerdy types who have an interest in the inner workings of the Internet.

However, with that caveat, I couldn't resist posting this link that describes the worlds first successful implementation of a "proposed" new Internet Protocol using Carrier Pigeons.

http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/

For the full story, follow the link entitles "A preliminary writeup of the event".

I will now return you to your normal programming.

Rob Roy
www.roblog.com