birding-aus

Violet Town, Vic. Reed Warblers plus

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Violet Town, Vic. Reed Warblers plus
From: Barry McLean <>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 03 19:44:36 +1000
Hi all,

On our place we have two dams surrounded by thick reeds (some cumbungi and a
lot of bamboo grass I think).  When we moved here in Feb 2002 Reed Warblers
were permanent and noisy residents and they stayed until the dams dried out
late in 2002.  Although the dams had some water again from about March and were
full from May I did not hear or see them again until last week when they were
very noisy & fairly visible - I counted at least 4.  Was pleased but not
surprised however we were quite surprised when one spent much of yesterday
calling frm the thick foliage of two paperbarks the house garden, about 150m
from the dams.

Our first record of a Sacred Kingfisher yesterday and of a Little Eagle today
brought our tally up to 112.

         Barry & Roberta McLean
         03 57981213
         0418 584433