birding-aus

Tassie Birding

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Tassie Birding
From: "David Siems" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:58:47 +1000

Hi Netters,

               It is six weeks since I moved into my home and my garden list is off and running. House Sparrow, Blackbird, Starling, Goldfinch and Greenfinch started the list followed by at last, a Grey Fantail in the fruit tree. I decided to remove a 6 metre peach tree that was suffering dry rot at the base. Up went the ladder and as I started the bow saw working a raptor was flying about 10 metres above the neighbour’s gardens towards me. A Peregrine Falcon rocketed overhead towards the north and that was a better garden tick. Then an hour later four Swift Parrots flew over heading south, followed by a circling Silver and Pacific Gull.

All the Best

David Siems

Devonport

Tasmania