birding-aus

Botanical Names

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Botanical Names
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:26:42 +1000
Dick wrote:-

Bird highlights here were great scope views of a pair of Major Mitchell Cockatoos feeding on the nuts of Eucalyptus terminalis. (Please excuse any spelling errors when I mention anything botanical, not my strong suit I?m afraid!)

Having botanical naems howeffa speld is great! "Yellow Stringy" is of no use to those not familure with the area. Even in my part of the woods there are three trees known by this name.

Wouldn't like to make it compulsory but if known and relevant such names add to the posting.

Regards,
Alan