birding-aus

introduction

Subject: introduction
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:43:34 +1000
G'day all,

my name is Mick Pope.  I am 34 and married to Jo, with an 11 month old (Jacob).
I am a professional meteorologist with the Bureau's training centre.

We have been interested in birds for a while, but after our second trip to FNQ,
taking in Cassowary House, Chambers Wildlife Lodge & Red Mill House + Chris
Dahlberg's tour we decided to get into birding in a serious manner.  Hence our
joining Birds Australia & me joining this list.

We live in Vic (Melb), so any info on Vic twitching always welcome.  I am also
trying to develop my skills (pardon the pun) in bird photography, andam happy
for
tips.  I notice the birding shop has a book I intend to buy.

Is this an attachment free group or do people post their happy snaps?

Cheers

Mick...