birding-aus

Crested Pigeons

To: "Alan Morris" <>
Subject: Crested Pigeons
From: "belles" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:11:27 +1000
Crested Pigeons are beautiful. We get them here on the South Coast NSW. I actually raised three Crested Pigeons last season and I released them here on my property, one of the three left the area and must have gone up the road. I saw it not long ago, it is still around the other two Crested Pigeons are here every day, pecking around on the ground. I do occasionally put some feed out. We haven't got any Spotted Turtle Doves. I am hoping my crested Pigeons may breed around here and bring more to our area. When we were renting on another property 5 kms away from here, while our home was being built. I had Wonga Pigeons, White Headed Pigeons, not many Crested Pigeons and no spotted Turtle Doves.

Marian