birding-aus

Blackbird's song

Subject: Blackbird's song
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:45:41 +1000
Vicki and all,

I can't really offer any more ideas on this, but I can say that here in the
NSW Blue Mountains, Blackbirds do certainly colonize town gardens. I reckon
they also sing a lot here, and elaborately (at least during their breeding
season - they are fairly quiet in autumn-winter), but I cannot compare this
with their song in Europe as I have no experience of them there.

Perhaps it's relevant that we have a relatively cold climate for Australia.
It's currently 3 degrees C outside, with snow forecast tonight.

How do other introduced songsters compare with their European forebears?
(e.g. Song Thrush)

Cheers

Carol

Carol Probets