birding-aus

*Infra red digi bino's*

Subject: *Infra red digi bino's*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:27:51 -0700 (PDT)

G'day all, at risk being off listed: SPECIAL K wrote:

Watched a shark feeding and a sea eagle picking up the scraps yesterday morning. Did 7am - 6 pm - great days. The guys even did an overnight whale watch with army infra red binoculars. It is an amazing set up there now with large whale watch platform, huge information display board and shuttle buses to the headland as they run out of car parking inside the national park !! Amazing - on Sunday the cliff tops were packed.

Thousands there just to see the humpbacks. Highlight yesterday morning was a pair of adults came right under the cliffs!  Wayne would have got brilliant photos from over the
edge of the cliff top. They then followed the rock ledge around into Botany Bay.

Hard to believe that 5 years back there only used to be only a few of us brave souls out there all day, day after day.

AND I'm now worried that I'm getting a little too much testosterone ...... It must be from hanging around with so many blokes with beards!!

Because of it I seem to have turned into a right gadget man. Went out this morning
and bought a pair of Pentax Digibinos. The birding-aus message that I read
last night about how good they were on pelagics did it. Darn good buy too. Used to be $500+. Shame I didn't have them on the weekend ..... but I'm now flat out organising the drive up to Sydney on Friday for 10 days so I'm sure I'll be back out with the whale watchers any chance I get!!!

Cheers all,
7/8ths of Karen.

Pssst I've just got an email about Sea Eagle taking prey caught in the infra red?

More later JAG heads off practicing Yar and looking for Gnaw wee juns.

Do you Yahoo!?