birding-aus

*Feeding wild birds*

Subject: *Feeding wild birds*
From: "Mules, Michael" <>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:54:21 +1000
Vaguely on the topics of artificial foods for birds (and birds eating unusual items), on Thursday at the end of lunchtime, I saw a Red Wattlebird on the ground feeding from a plastic wrapper some student had dropped.  The wrapper was the covering for an iced donut, and the RWB had its head inside, and its tongue was working madly against the icing stuck on to the plastic.  Not something I'd seen before.

Cheers, Mike