birding-aus

Re: Roadkills

Subject: Re: Roadkills
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:04:47 -0700 (PDT)
Yes Peter it would have been good if you could have done this, but hey mate, they take nearly all bird kills now .... even if a Peregine Falcon drops? his wild bird catch after the kill. They would take the kill, complete birds are most useful BUT if as in the instance of a bird vehicle collision they make up displays showing what Mr. Perry Grin would eat and or catch, OR how birds die on human made roadways.

Information data gathering, and not bad considering they now charge a whooping massive "One Dollar" entry fee. Costs more to run the one dollar entry fee then what is charged.

Our museum here is a truly superb place to visit. Please do one day.

Ooroo from JAG one very proud Vic. that worries about banana bending laws and rules up there that could make bird death results umm? difficult? umm flawed? umm biased? umm useless? JAG goes back to trying to work out what is killing "DnA's" chickens? [DnA = "Dave and Audrey"] most unusual mode of attack? eerie in fact? like an episide from Molly and scold her? or a bit like the extra four dollars we are going to get? I think "Purrfit Pete" got it wrong? the four dollars is the GST component .... :^D>>>> JAG takes tablet and goes to lie down.

wrote:

What type of specimens are museums interested in? Only rare or endangered birds?

No No No mate ....

I found a dead juvenile purple-crowned lorikeet a couple of months ago on the side of the road in near perfect condition. Should I have sent this to a museum?

Yes mate it would have been good to do this, past tense now. Next time please.

Peter

Do you Yahoo!?