birding-aus

RFI: CAMP SITES

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: RFI: CAMP SITES
From: "Allan Richards" <>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 14:33:52 +1000
Hi,

I am the Activites Officer for Birding NSW, a birdwatching club based in
Sydney. The Club conducts campouts on most long weekends. For security, we
like to camp on private properties. We are fully self-sufficient so don't
need any facilities although access to a toilet and water is a bonus.  We
are happy to pay depending on the facilites provided.

We are mostly from Sydney so like to get out west to see different species
than we see along the coast. Ideally we prefer that the birding is good
around the campsite but we are also willing to go on excursions to nearby
areas.

For weekend camps, the campsite should be within 5 hours drive from Sydney.
However we are also interested in places anywhere in NSW for longer trips
especially along the Lachlan beyond Condobolin or around the Dubbo district.

Would any members of Birding-Aus know of any such places? I would very much
like to know about them, please.

Thanking you,
Regards, Allan

Allan Richards